Risk management is central to Students Shoulder-to-Shoulder programming and while there is still much uncertainty about safety, programs, and schedules for Summer 2021 we have developed the following guidelines to evaluate program safety this summer.
Standards for all travel-based programming this summer
- All members of a group are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- SStS is welcomed by NGO partners and deemed no risk to their communities
- There are no travel restrictions to the destination country or for returning to the U.S. for international programs
We will not travel to any country with a rating of Level 4 by the U.S. State Department
SUMMER 2021 UPDATES
DALLAS I & II, DETROIT, NEW ORLEANS, SAN DIEGO I & II
- Student application deadline: May 7
- Students need first COVID vaccination by May 7
- SStS will decide if the program is running by May 11
- Full payment (non-refundable) is due by May 21
COSTA RICA, KENYA, PANAMA, AND PERU (Cancelled)
Our Summer 2021 international programs have been canceled. Safety being the first priority for all SStS programming, the two variables below lead us to this decision of measured caution:
The United States is requiring proof of negative COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving to the United States (including vaccinated travelers). We can not risk a student testing positive and needing to quarantine for 10 days in a foreign country.
SUMMER 2021 registration
This form will hold your spot on a program with no financial risk at this time
Please be encouraged to email/call with thoughts and/or questions. In the meantime, please call up your highest level of caution and perseverance; the world awaits SStS to re-enter.