Custom Program Leaders work directly with teachers, students, and our NGO communities to ensure all of the program logistics (food, accommodations, project work, transportation, activities, and curriculum) are executed smoothly and are consistent with the core components of an SStS experience.
- Coordinate logistics for 7-10 day trips for groups of 10-14 high school students traveling with 2 teacher chaperones.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the school group and our local NGO partners.
- Monitor student wellbeing and collaborate with chaperones on risk management, abiding by SStS Risk Management Protocols and Guidelines.
- Manage on-the-ground logistics, including travel, meals, lodging, and activities.
- Work collaboratively with the school chaperones to facilitate the SStS Leadership. Curriculum while guiding students as daily leaders.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the group at all times.
- Minimum 21 Years old
- Valid driver’s license/passport and First Aid/CPR certification (or willingness to obtain these before the program start date).
- 2+ years experience in experiential education, youth program leadership, or related fields.
- Personal international travel experience (For programs outside the U.S.)
- Available to lead one or more programs during 2024 (see program dates at the bottom of the page)
- Prior experience with Shoulder-to-Shoulder either as a course instructor or student.
- Fluency in Spanish (For programs in Latin America)
- WFR/WFA, Ocean Lifeguard, Water Rescue, Teaching License/certificate
- Competitive pay rate of $100/day
- All trip expenses paid (flights, lodging, transportation, food, activities)
- Chance to make an impact and grow professionally
How to apply
To apply for a position please use the link below.
Questions? Contact Bill Cotter at [email protected]